Shoppers can get well and truly into the Christmas spirit at Ely Markets this December.
The Markets will be operating throughout the festive season, ready for people to take advantage of great local produce and unique gift ideas:
- Visitors will find all their weekly essential shopping needs at the General Market with some additional festive surprises, the traditional market takes place every Thursday including Christmas Eve.
- The weekly Craft & Collectables Market on Saturdays offers a great chance to browse for unique arts and crafts for that special gift. The Street Food Aisle has a tempting array of food from continental pastries, delicatessen, artisan cheese and bread and cakes plus a heady choice of aromatic coffees.
- Visit the weekly Sunday General Market for a variety of food to stock the festive larder and to check out interesting gift ideas
- Ely Farmers’ Market on the second Saturday of the month and Wednesday 23 December offers fresh local produce for festive menus. It has everything for Yuletide celebrations from seasonal local vegetables to rare breed meat as well as puddings and pies, hand crafted wreaths and seasonal floral decorations.
- The special Christmas Market on Wednesday 23 December will offer the best of all Ely’s Markets with stalls from the Farmers’ Market, Craft & Collectables and General Markets and a sparkling sprinkle of extra special Christmas traders.
Cllr Richard Hobbs, Chairman of Commercial Services at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “Christmas is a wonderful time of year and our Markets are a great place to come to buy some wonderful food or great gifts for family and friends. Throughout December, the Markets will be offering up a variety of produce and there will also be festive tasters and music to add to the magical mood. So why not come to Ely this Christmas – taking advantage of our free parking in the city centre – to get some of the best food and presents for miles around.”
The dates and times of the Markets are:
- Craft & Collectables Market – every Saturday (except Boxing Day) 8.30 am – 3.30pm
- General Market – every Thursday (including Christmas Eve) 8.30am – 3.30 pm
- Farmers’ Market – Saturday 12 December 8.30am – 2pm and Wednesday 23 December 8.30am – 3.30pm
- Sunday General Market – every Sunday 10am – 4pm
- Special Christmas Market – Wednesday 23 December 8.30am – 3.30pm (Including Farmers’ Market, General and Craft & Collectables Market traders)
For information call 01353 665555, visit www.visitely.org.uk and follow on Twitter @ElyMarkets.