East Cambs Gets More Visitors Than Ever

Ely Cathedral

East Cambs Gets More Visitors Than Ever

Latest figures released shows that the total number of visitors to East Cambridgeshire increased to nearly 4 million in the last three years.

The statistics show that the number of overnight stays in the region have increased by 10% with the total value of tourism for the district also up by 10% to over £200 million. The total number of day visitors has also increased by 20% compared to three years ago, when the last Volume and Value Report was commissioned.

Tracey Harding Tourism and Town Centres Manager said: “We are delighted with these figures that demonstrate what a great place to visit Ely and the surrounding area is.  With an ever increasing variety and range of attractions, restaurants, events and accommodation, it is no surprise that our figures are up.  The recent rebranding of our Visitor Guide that is distributed nationally across the Tourist Information Centre network and our new Visit Ely website and social media platforms have clearly all played a part in spreading the word and making our district so attractive to visitors.”

The forthcoming year will see the opening of the new Sake Brewery in Fordham in the spring, the return of Ely Cathedral’s Flower Festival and the launch of a new pop-up Escape Room at Oliver Cromwell’s House.  East Cambridgeshire District Council hope that these new additions will ensure that visitor numbers continue to increase and keep the district as a popular tourist destination for the eastern region.


Your Advert Here!
Enquire about having your advert here.

Your Advert Here!
Enquire about having your advert here.

Your Advert Here!
Enquire about having your advert here.